Effective: August 22, 2023
What are cookies and how long do they stay on my device?Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Website or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit to the Website (or the third-party’s site) easier and more useful. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. There are different types of persistent and session cookies. For example, there are necessary cookies, which are essential to operate a website. There are also nonessential cookies, such as analytics cookies, which are used to help understand how you use a website and enhance your user experience.
- Necessary cookies. We use necessary cookies to facilitate your use of the Website. Without necessary cookies, the Website may not function properly. For example, we may use necessary cookies to enable you to move around the Website, use its features, and remember information that changes the way the Website behaves or looks. This includes remembering your privacy preferences in order to prevent you from having to select your privacy preference each time you visit a new page of the Website.
- Analytics cookies. We use analytics cookies to track information on how you use and interact with the Website in order to help us improve the Website. For example, we may use analytics cookies to detect how many visitors access the Website and which pages of the Website they visit.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050;
- For the Microsoft Edge web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09;
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored;
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac; and
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies?You can learn more about cookies by visiting the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/; and
- Network Advertising Initiative: https://www.networkadvertising.org/